You are encouraged to discuss this topic! Click the "comment" button above to share your ideas!
Also, this page currently sucks and doesn't even contain complete thoughts. Help.
The Civil War has been termed the "Second American Revolution." To what extent were the political, social, and economic changes of the Civil War revolutionary?
- First war that involved US fighting US
- Stronger central government ie. not divided
- Ended the idea of secession
- 10% plan
- Abolishing slavery changed social hierarchy (13th, 15th Amendments)
- US was hurting its own economy and trade through things like the Anaconda Plan
- Plantation owners lost their free labour force